Monday, December 12, 2011

Why does Sprint take money from my credit card account?

I've had 2 payments of 拢90 taken out of my credit card, the transaction says: SPRINT PCS-996-SP IVR 888-211-4727 KS and I've never had anything to do with them. I searched the web and they have something to do with mobile phones (or cell phones cos they're in the states). I have another unposted transaction of 拢80, all within 2 weeks. I called the bank because I know I never spent that money but they won't put a block on the credit card, they just said they'd check with Sprint why they're taking money from me. Who is Sprint really? I've tried ringing that phone number but I need to enter my 10-digit Sprint account number (which I don't have) to get through! Has this happened to anybody else? Who gets the money? Sprint or is there a person out there taking money from me deliberately through these transactions?|||Sprint is a popular cell company in the US. I do not know if they are over seas as well. It sounds to me like someone has opened a cell account using your credit card. And I am not surprised at all that is was with Sprint. We no longer use them because they allowed my husbands ex-wife (she admitted to them she was his ex-wife) to activate a phone on our account simply because she had his social security number. Their consumer safety standards are pretty lax.





I see you as having two issues. One being someone has opened a cell account without your permission and you don't know the number. I never had much luck with complaints to Sprint, they are really only concerned with their own interests. Second, your bank doesn't seem to care that you have fraudulant charges on your credit card. I would call you bank again and file another complaint if you are certain you have not opened a cell account. It is better to be without a credit card for a little while than to continue to pay someone elses cell bill. Good luck getting your money back.|||Firstly I would cancel your credit card at the bank and request another one. Then you can find out who these people are and try get your money back.





Its a dangerous business buying on the net using your credit card, go seek advice from citizens too.





We had a problem with a company called bt click and buy. We cant think what we purchased but money kept being debited out of our account so we went to the bank and cancelled the card. That was the only way it could stop. We've not tried to get the money back because we have no knowledge of who they are.|||Sprint is a legitimate company, so I don't think they would be stealing your money on purpose.


What's most likely is that someone got access to your credit card information and is using your card illegally to pay for their own Sprint service.


Call your credit card company again, and tell them you think someone's using your card fraudulently. They will put in a report, which might take a few weeks, but you'd be covered against fraud in most cases, especially since you did not authorize payments to Sprint at any time.


Ask your credit card company to cancel this card and send you a new one!





You can try calling Sprint again. This time, just enter "0" to talk to a representative when they ask for your phone number. If that doesnt work, wait on the line for a minute and the telepromt should put you through to an agent. The number that shows up on your credit card statement next to "Sprint PCS" might be an account number of some sort, so ask the Sprint representative what it all means.





Good luck!|||Sprint is a mobile phone carrier in the US. It sounds like they are either charging you by mistake -- a transposed number or something like that -- or someone has taken your information and is using it.





Here is a website with their contact info so you can pick the best way for you to get in touch with them: http://www.sprint.com/contactus/





As someone who had a job where she dealt with things like this from time to time, please keep track of the names, dates and what each person said when you talk to them. Just in case because unfortunately, no one person will work on your issue.





Good luck.|||Try calling them again. and for the 10 digit account number, try the 10 consecutive numbers in the transaction name on your statement, ie 888-211-4727

1 comment: