Monday, December 12, 2011

Does anyone have or know someone who has Cushings Diesese?

I have been diagnosed with Cushings Diesese and also blood clotting disorder due to a abnormal IVR? I am a 24 year old previously active, heathy high spirited female college student. Now I have difficulty walking, I am swollen, my face is getting round and I am just at a loss.|||http://dailystrength.org/c/Cushings-Synd鈥?/a>








not sure if this will help,good luck|||I am sorry to hear of your health problems! Im suffering from health issues at the moment too at 21 and i can understand how hard this can be at times.


I dont know about cushings but found a link which may help you


http://www.endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/鈥?/a>


I wish you all the best, my thoughts are with you.|||Cushing's is a hypersecretion of the adrenal cortex of the adreanal glands resulting in excess production of cortisol and it is most common in females. It is an endocrine disorder and the adrenal glands are perched on top of the kidneys.





Signs and Symptoms


This disease makes changes in multiple body systems. The classic symjptom is a round "moon-shaped" face with acne. the head and trunk are often exaggerated with pencil-thin arms and legs. There may also be some glucose tolerance impairment.





Treatment


The goal is to restore the concentration of serum cortisol to normal levels.


This is a very serious disease talk with your doctor. The good news is that the outcome with treatment is generally good.

No comments:

Post a Comment